Kate Moss uses it, Keira Knightley, Cate Blanchett, Elle Macpherson and even Strictly’s Darcey Bussell. Yes, we’re talking about facial oils and if you’ve not joined the oil slick party yet, where have you been?
Considered a hero product by those in the know, many of us shy away from using a facial oil because we either don’t understand why we need one, how to use one or think our skin’s the wrong type for one.
So if you’re unsure, apprehensive or heck, even scared to use one, Nichola Joss, Celebrity Facialist and Sanctuary Spa Skincare Expert has give five reasons why you should be reaching for the bottle:
1. They work on every skin type. “They rebalance the skin and restore a naturally healthy complexion,” says Nichola. “Whether you have oily, combination or dry skin, by regularly applying a facial oil to your skin it will rebalance to reveal a calm, clear and healthy looking complexion.”
2. They’re a facialists best friend. Nichola comments: “They’ve been used in professional facials for years. They’re also our secret weapon backstage at shows and shoots, as they can revive even the most stressed out skins.”
3. They provide endless benefits. “Facial oils glide onto the skin and encourage facial massage, which has plenty of benefits. Facial massage relaxes and tones the muscles which helps to sculpt facial contours, remove stress and tension in the face, boosts blood flow and awakens the senses,” says Nichola.
4. They go a long way. “You only need to use a couple of drops,” Nichola advises. “If you’re scared of using one, you can gently ease yourself into using it; simply add a couple of drops to your night cream and say cream to give your skin an extra surge of hydration.”
5. They won’t make your skin greasy. “Facial oils give a gorgeous plump and dewy glow – the type that is always seen on the runway and red carpets, but is hard to replicate.”
What's your top tip for using a facial oil? Share your Comments in the box below.