Spring may be a time of pastels and sorbet shades, summer an explosion of rainbow brights but when it comes to the festive season and your nails, we can’t help but default back to our favourite shades – deep, sultry rouge noir or Christmassy glitter.
But boy, are they a pain to remove. Glitter seems to stick like glue while dark colours tend to stain our nails, not to mention the skin around them.
Take the pain out of removing your favourite festive shades with these easy tricks.
You’ll need: nail polish remover, cotton wool pads, tin foil, elastic bands and cuticle oil.
1. Start by applying cuticle oil to each of your nail beds. This stops the nail colour staining your skin.
2. Take small cotton wool pads or tear larger ones up into small sizes and soak each piece in nail varnish remover.
3. Wrap the pieces around each finger. On top of that, wrap tin foil and secure with an elastic band.
4. Leave to soak for around five minutes. Slide the tin foil and cotton wool off each finger, along the nail so as to pull the varnish off.
5. Et voila - clear and stain-free nails!