With the salty rim and the acidic tequila kick, nothing says cocktail like an ice cold margarrrrrita!
The addition of jalapenos to this already classic cocktail certainly do add a feisty kick. So, get your ice at the ready and dust off the cocktail shaker...
Ready in 5 minutes
50ml Jose Cuervo Tequila
25ml triple sec or Cointreau
25ml lime juice
10ml gomme/sugar syrup
3 jalapeño slices
15ml jalapeño brine
1 small wedge lime
2 tsp fine crystal sea salt
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1 large ice cube, frozen with chilli slices inside
You will need
A cocktail shaker
1. Don’t forget, when it comes to a professional-tasting cocktail it’s all about preparing the glass and adding the garnish. So first thing's first, simply mix the salt and chilli powder on a small plate.
2. Run the lime wedge around half the rim of a round tumbler and then dip into the chilli salt, making sure it covers the surface area completely.
3. Next, simply add your large ice cube, frozen with chilli slices inside to the glass
4. Add the tequila, triple sec, lime juice, syrup, jalapeño slices and brine into the cocktail shaker.
5. Finally, fill 3/4 full with ice and shake until well mixed and chilled. Strain into the tumbler over the ice.
Have you made your own cocktail before? Let us know in the Comments below.