Love a good chocolate chip cookie? You’re in the right place, so do we.
If you’re looking for a fun way to mix up a classic recipe coconut flour makes brilliant cookies: soft in the middle with a crumbly edge and a slightly melting chocolate.
The coconut sugar adds a really caramelly tinge to the cookies and the orange rounds the whole thing off for brilliantly balanced flavour.
All in all it makes for a brilliant twist on a classic family favourite sweet treat.
Ready in 20 minutes
50g coconut flour
50g coconut Sugar
100g virgin coconut oil, melted and cooled
110g hand cut milk chocolate chips
2 free range eggs
Zest of 1/2 orange
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1.Preheat the oven to 170C, and lay some baking parchment on a greased baking tray.
2. In a bowl, blend together the coconut flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
3. Next mix in the eggs, organic virgin coconut oil, vanilla and chocolate chips until everything is mixed well and you have a loose dough.
4. Wet your hands to prevent sticking, and roll the dough into 9 balls, placed evenly on the baking tray.
5. Press down with the palm of your hand so they are about 1.5cm thick.
6. Place in the oven for 12-14 minutes, until the bases are lightly brown.
7. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 15 minutes before eating. Best served warm with milk or plant milk.
Recipe and photo credit: The Groovy Food Company
These recipes were created by Gizzi Erskine for The Groovy Food Company.
What are your favourite coconut recipes? Let us know in the Comments section below.