Digestive biscuits aren’t just for dunking on your cuppa, oh no. The versatile biscuit can be used in oh-so many ways – like in this no-bake chocolate cake for instant.
What's not to like about about a chocolate digestive cake? So forget about the calories, toss them aside and get your apron on, it’s time to mix up this simple yet sumptuous no-bake recipe.
Why not enjoy on World Biscuit Day? (May 29)
Ready in 20 minutes (plus 60 minutes refrigeration)
200g digestive biscuits
110g whole pecans, roughly chopped
110g pistachio nuts, peeled
150g unsalted butter
1tbsp golden syrup
300g good quality dark chocolate
1. Break half of the biscuits into small pieces in a bowl. Add the majority of the pecans and pistachios, setting some aside for garnishing the top of the cake.
2. Melt the chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water. Once melted, add the biscuit and nut mix to the chocolate.
3. Line a loaf tin with cling film, leaving extra film at the edges so that you can turn out the cake later. Halve each of the remaining biscuits. Arrange into three piles and spread a tiny amount of the mixture in between each layer. Carefully place each pile in the tin.
4. Slowly pour the mixture into the tin and over the biscuit piles. Put a piece of greaseproof paper over the mixture and use the palm of your hand to compress it down firmly into the tin.
5. Sprinkle the top with the extra nuts and leave in the fridge for about one hour to firm up. Use the overlapping cling film to remove the cake from the tin and cut into slices to serve.
Recipe and photo credit: McVities
Let us know how you get on in the Comments below.