Our favourite five minutes at the hairdresser’s is when they give us a scalp massage.
Not only does it feel ridiculously relaxing, it’s actually good for your hair – the massaging movement helps to stimulate circulation and keep your hair on top form.
And since we can’t go to the hair salon every day for one, we asked the hair experts at Alchemy Oils to teach us how to give yourself a head massage at home.
1. Sit somewhere comfortable, try to get rid of any distractions so you can concentrate. If you choose to use hair oil in the routine, pour a little into the palm of your hand and rub hands together.
2. Place your thumbs on your temples and let the fingers of both hands rest on your forehead. Breathe deeply to inhale the therapeutic scent of your oil.
3. Apply pressure for a few seconds, then release.
4. Keep your fingers and thumb in position but slide your hands further up your forehead into your hairline. Repeat the pressure as before.
5. Keep moving your hands further back, repeating the pressure and release movement.
6. At the top of your head apply pressure to the acupoint 'Du20' which is at the very top of your head in line with the tips of your ears.
7. Move down the back of your scalp, releasing the pressure from the acupoint and continue the pressure and release process as before.
8. Once you reach the base of your skull, repeat the process from the back to the front of your head.
9. You can repeat the entire process again, this time with each of your hands slightly further apart from each other.
10. Once you have a bit of experience with this technique, you can synchronise it with your breathing - inhaling as you press and exhaling as you release.
Like this story? Why not share it with friends and family by clicking the orange button?