You don’t have to be a devout Christian to get into the spirit of Ash Wednesday and give up something for the next 40 days and 40 nights. But instead of chocolate, cheese or wine, how about one of these we all definitely do, but definitely shouldn’t.
1. Casual social media bragging
Selfies on your travels, posh food, fitness achievements, gifts received, summing up how great your life is in one post… #Blessed.
2. Pret lunches
Wondering where all your money goes? You’ve eaten it all at Pret.
3. Using excessive emojis on What’s App
Use the power of words.
4. Looking at our phones every 30 seconds
Apparently we check our smartphones 85 times a day on average.
5. Procrastinating and complaining about procrastinating
“Just one more episode…”
6. Hating what we see in the mirror
Because you’re fabulous.
7. The snooze button
Because waking up every 10 minutes for an hour is not enjoyable.
8. Fast food at 3am
9. Facebook stalking
Your boyfriend’s ex, your ex’s new girlfriend, your high school crush… give it up.
10. Keeping clothes in your wardrobe that are pre-2006
Time to get rid of those halter neck tops.
11. Forgetting to drink your tea before it goes cold
It’s the worst.
12. Taking three taxis in one night
Or just don’t check your receipts and hope for the best…