Pantone has released the official colour of the year for 2017. Move over rose quartz and serenity (2016′s chosen shades of rose and blue), because next year it’s all about green. Pantone 15-0343 Greenery, to be precise.
It’s described as a “fresh and zesty yellow-green shade that evokes the first days of spring when nature’s greens revive, restore and renew”. Sounds pretty darn delightful if you ask us.
So begin dutifully chucking anything rose or blue out of your wardrobe if you’ve got any chance of being hip in 2017. Here’s our handy guide for how to get more greenery into his life.
1. Drink matcha lattes
2. Eat only green apples
3. Ignore the haters and experiment with green makeup
4. Send loads of Kermit the frog memes to your friends
5. Keep it classy by wearing green suits
6. Take up gardening
7. Accessorise appropriately
8. Perfect the avocado rose for your weekend brunch
9. Dye your hair green
10. Force yourself to drink appropriately coloured green juices
11. Get yourself a pet chameleon
Hey, if greenery has been decreed colour of the year, we’ve therefore been given licence to go green everything.