BT is once again a proud supporter of this year’s Red Nose Day.
We’ve partnered with Comic Relief since its launch in 1985 and supported Red Nose Day from the very beginning. Since the first Red Nose Day telethon appeal in 1988, when our staff took donations over the phone, we’ve continued to support the campaign in various ways to cement a long-standing and successful partnership.
How does BT support Comic Relief?
Red Nose Day is a campaign that takes place every two years in support of Comic Relief. From helping with donations to showing our support on the BT Tower, we’ve helped in lots of different ways over the last 32 years:
- We’ve provided the MyDonate fundraising platform at call centres, enabling secure and commission-free donations during telethons
- The Supporters' Club – which is funded by BT Sport customers - makes grants to Comic Relief and supports sport for change programmes
- We provide the network management technology that ensures volunteers can seamlessly process all calls on Comic Relief Telethon evenings
- We enable BT staff to volunteer and fundraise through employee activities and by supporting celebrity challenges
- The Sport Relief Ball, a bi-annual fundraising event hosted by BT for senior-level BT employees and external customers, has helped raise millions for Sport Relief (which occurs in alternate years with Red Nose Day, both supporting Comic Relief)
How is BT helping with Red Nose Day 2017?
Once again, we’re proudly supporting Red Nose Day. This year:
- BT volunteers will be taking donations over the phone in eight of our call centres
- BT staff members will be fundraising up and down the country – from bake sales to sponsored walks to painting the town red, our people will be making their laughs matter to raise as much money as possible
- Our people will be raising awareness of Red Nose Day amongst friends, family and colleagues to spread the word about the fantastic causes that Comic Relief supports
- We helped Comic Relief film a virtual reality story which you can view on BTSport.com.
How can I raise or donate money for Comic Relief?
From workplace bake sales and fancy-dress fundraising in schools, to danceathons, quizzes and sponsored challenges, put on a Red Nose and do whatever you enjoy to raise life-changing cash.
It all culminates in a massive night of comedy and entertainment, live on the BBC, and all the money raised is then used to change countless lives, both here in the UK and across Africa.
For fun ways to make the world a better place, go to rednoseday.com.
You can show your support by purchasing one of this year’s iconic Red Noses. There are 10 new Red Noses to find in special surprise bags (well, nine red ones and an Ultra Rare silver one – Frankinose!). Get yours today at Sainsbury’s, Oxfam or rednoseday.com.
You can also look the part in one of the limited-edition Red Nose Day T-shirts. Designed and shot exclusively by renowned photographer, Rankin, they’re an absolute must-have for fundraisers and label-lovers alike. Get yours at TK Maxx, tkmaxx.com or rednoseday.com.
Don’t forget, by raising (or donating) cash this Red Nose Day, you’re helping to change lives. That’s because Comic Relief uses the money you raise to support projects helping extremely vulnerable and disadvantaged people in the UK and Africa.