1. Don’t give out personal information (including other contact details or location) in any Comments.
2. Don’t harass, threaten or attack anyone, or behave in any way which could cause annoyance, nuisance, offence or distress to other people. Please make your comment clear so other people won’t misunderstand it. Remember, you’re legally responsible for what you write. Please think about how different types of people could interpret your comment.
3. We have the right to suspend or ban an account. Here are some reasons we might do that:
• Breaking these rules, or our Community Guidelines.
• Serious failure to respect the community.
• Conduct or comments that demand a large amount of our time or that abuse our staff.
How long we suspend someone for, or whether we ban them, depends on the circumstances. Bans are generally for extreme cases.
If we suspend or ban you, you mustn’t try to re-register or submit content (for example using someone else's account) without permission.
4. Write in English. No swearing or offensive screen-names/user-names or avatars. Be polite.
5. Don’t spam the page, solicit or advertise for personal gain. Don’t disrupt the flow of a discussion. And remember that we can also delete any comment, for any reason we choose.
6. Comments must be on topic and relevant to the article or subject. About off-topic comments:
- If a first reply to an article is unrelated to the topic and the thread evolves from this off topic then they will be removed
- If a contributor posts a standalone comment unrelated to the topic or messages within a thread, this is off topic
- If a reply is posted that includes reference to the topic in question and subsequent replies are posted in response which veer away, these can be allowed to evolve
- If a user’s comment is ‘flagged’ five times, it is automatically removed
If you don't agree to abide by the terms, please don’t leave comments on the site. We have the right to delete any comments at any time without explaining why.