A London house which was home to writer Samuel Beckett and eminent physicist Patrick Blackett is to become one of the few buildings to bear two official blue plaques.
A rare "double blue" unveiling at 48 Paultons Square, Chelsea, will see Downton Abbey actress Penelope Wilton and astronomer royal Arnold Wolfendale unveil the English Heritage plaques to the two Nobel Prize winners.
Poet, playwright and novelist Beckett, author of Waiting for Godot, lived at the property for seven months in 1934 while undergoing psychoanalysis paid for by his mother after his father's death, as he was looking for literary work.
Though the writer is most associated with Dublin and Paris, it was during his time in London that he was writing his first novel Murphy.
While he was living at Paultons Square, Beckett's first full-length work, the short story collection More Pricks Than Kicks, was published.
Blackett, described on his blue plaque as a physicist and scientific adviser, lived in the house from 1953 until 1969.
He had been one of the heroes of the "Battle of the Atlantic" due to his revolutionary work in U-Boat detection, undertook ground-breaking research into cosmic rays and discovered, with a colleague, the positive electron.
Both the famous residents of 48 Paultons Square were Nobel Prize winners, Beckett for literature and Blackett for physics.
The unveiling of the two plaques kicks off the 150th anniversary of the London blue plaque scheme, which began in 1866 with the first one installed in 1867 to mark the home of Lord Byron.
Although Byron's original plaque has been lost, there are now more than 900 plaques across the capital marking the buildings where notable men and women worked and lived.
Ronald Hutton, chairman of the English Heritage blue plaque panel, said: "It is a very special occasion to unveil two new blue plaques at once, let alone for two Nobel Prize winners.
"Beckett and Blackett are giants in their fields and these two plaques mark their achievements and celebrate their connection to London.
"This unveiling is a fitting opening to the 150th anniversary year of the blue plaques scheme."