Identifying victims of the Grenfell Tower disaster is getting “more difficult”, a coroner has said.
A 13-year-old boy was among the latest victims to be named at Westminster Coroner’s Court as four more inquests were opened on Monday.
Coroner’s Office manager Eric Sword said that 37 people had now been formally identified, with inquests opened and adjourned in 34 cases.
He said Dr Fiona Wilcox told the short hearing that identification was “becoming more difficult”.
Mr Sword added this was a result of “what we are dealing with, what we are recovering from the scene”.
At least 80 people are thought to have died in the devastating fire at the 24-storey block more than a month ago.
The family of teenager Yahya Hashim were in court to hear his inquest opened and adjourned, Mr Sword said.
He was identified through dental records after his remains were recovered from the 22nd floor.
Grandmother Sirria Choucair, 60, who was also found on the 22nd floor, was named as her family looked on.
Her daughter Nadia Choucair, who lived on the same floor with her husband Bassem and their three daughters Mierna, 13, Fatima, 11, and Zeinab, three, have all been reported missing since the fire.
Mr Sword said the court heard Marjorie Vital, 68, had been recovered from the 23rd floor, while Kamru Miah, 79, was found on the 17th floor and both had been identified through dental records.
The provisional cause of death for all four victims was “consistent with the effects of fire”.
Mr Sword said Dr Wilcox “offered her condolences to the families” and adjourned the inquests while the criminal investigation continues.