The Samsung Galaxy S8 was one of the most eagerly awaited phones of 2017 and you can get it at a great price from BT Mobile!
Running Google Android 7.0, the Samsung Galaxy S8 sports a stunning, entirely new design, with breathtaking 5.8 Super AMOLED screen that curves around the edges to take up the majority of the front of the phones.
Reviews of the Samsung Galaxy S8 by tech experts are near unanimous in their praise – read our reviews round-up to find out more.
Eight brilliant features of the Samsung Galaxy S8
- Large screen: Amazingly, Samsung has managed to squeeze a larger screen into a similar size chassis as the S8’s predecessors the S7 and S7 Edge, thanks to a thinner bezel and an invisible home button.
- Water and dust resistance: The S8 and S8+ are water- and dust-resistant and available in Midnight Black and Orchid Grey.
- Facial detection: You can now unlock the phone by lifting it to your face. The fingerprint scanner remains, but is now located on the back of the phone, adjacent to the camera.
- Camera: The Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ have a 12-megapixel camera with an f/1.7 lens and ‘Dual Pixel Camera’ - technology first seen on the Galaxy S7. Each pixel includes two photodiodes instead of one, resulting in much faster autofocus, so it is much easier to capture fast-moving action, or snaps in low light. There’s also an 8-megapixel f/1.7 front-facing camera with face recognition for taking high-res selfies.
- Processor: The Octa-core processor found in both smartphones features the first 10-nanometer chip, promising fast performance whether you are gaming, streaming movies, taking photos or browsing the web.
- Storage: Built-in storage has risen to 64GB, expandable by a further 256GB using a MicroSD memory card.
- Bixby: The Galaxy S8 and S8+ will feature Bixby, Samsung’s intelligent voice assistant which helps with tasks such as reminders and information – pretty much like a PA in your pocket. With Bixby Vision you can search using the camera take a picture and will find information about it. Bixby is launching in South Korea first and coming later to the UK.
- Dex: Alongside the phones, Samsung is releasing ‘DeX’, a docking station that turns the phone into a PC like experience. Connect it to a screen to run apps on a big screen.