BT Mobile customers can take advantage of even faster upload and download speeds with Extra Speed.
Discover what this technology is and how it can make using data on your phone even faster.
What is Extra Speed 4G?
Extra Speed 4G is an add-on available to mobile users on BT Mobile, allowing them to access faster 4G speeds provided they are in an Extra Speed 4G area.
Speeds can reach a maximum of up to 60Mbps*. This means you’ll be able to download apps, stream movies and TV programmes and upload pictures much more quickly.
If you opt for BT Plus for broadband and mobile, you'll get Extra Speed 4G. Find out more.
What’s the difference between 4G and Extra Speed 4G?
4G stands for fourth generation, it’s a technology that brings high-speed uploads and downloads to your mobile phone.
Downloading and uploading – be it apps, videos or music is much quicker than using 3G. Find out more in our article: Discover how 4G can make your phone even better.
BT Mobile offers 4G as standard to all customers, as long as they have a compatible phone. BT is now offering customers the chance to access data speeds up to twice as fast as standard 4G (on average) with the introduction of Extra Speed 4G. This means even faster upload and download speeds than standard 4G.
Maximum speeds on the network will increase to up to 60Mbps with Extra Speed 4G.
Who can get Extra Speed 4G?
Extra Speed 4G is available to existing BT Mobile customers with a 4G compatible phone.
Use BT’s coverage checker to discover if you can access Extra Speed 4G in your area.
How much does Extra Speed 4G cost?
Extra Speed 4G costs £4 a month and is a 30-day rolling contract, which means you aren’t tied in for 12 months
How to get Extra Speed 4G
If you are an existing BT Mobile customer you can buy the add-on from your My Mobile account, find out more by visiting BT Mobile.
If you haven’t got BT Mobile yet, check out the great 4G plans available. And with a £5 discount for anyone who lives in a BT broadband home, the prices are hard to beat, whether you need a little or lot of data.
BT Mobile’s SIM-only 4G tariffs at a glance
Tariffs for customers in BT broadband households (those without will pay £5 extra per month). Find out more
- The Great Value Starter Plan: 500MB data, unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited BT Wi-Fi: £8/month (BT Broadband customers) or £13/month (non-BT Broadband customers)
- The Casual Usage SIM Plan: 1GB data, unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited BT Wi-Fi, £10/month (BB discount), or £15/month (non-BB discount)
- The Essential Plan: 5GB data 3GB data, unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited BT Wi-Fi, £12/month (BB discount) or £17/month (non-BB discount)
- The Perfect All Rounder Plan: 6GB data, unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited BT Wi-Fi, free BT Sport app - £17/month (BB discount) or £22/month (non-BB discount)
- The High Data Plan: 20GB data 20GB data, unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited BT Wi-Fi, free BT Sport app - £20/month £22/month (BB discount) or £25/month (non-BB discount)
- The Ultimate SIM Plan: 25GB data, unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited BT Wi-Fi, free BT Sport app - £27/month (BB discount) or £32/month (non-BB discount).
- The Max Plan: 40GB data, unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited BT Wi-Fi, free BT Sport app - £35/month (BB discount) or £40/month (non-BB discount).
BT Mobile phone plans
* With Extra Speed 4G, the maximum speed available through the network is capped at 60 Mbps rather than 30 Mbps on our standard 4G. The speeds you get on your phone will be lower, and depend on things like the number of users, distance from the mast and the type of 4G phone you have. This add on is valid from the moment you buy it and then runs on a 30 day rolling contract. Extra Speed 4G is not available on BT Business Mobile plans