When you ordered your new iPhone from BT Mobile you’ll have been given a delivery date. On the day itself you’ll get a text from DPD in the morning indicating the one-hour delivery window.
When your iPhone arrives it will include a SIM card, along with instructions on how to install it.
If you are a new customer you’ll also get a BT ID, which you use to access BT’s online services, such bt.com/mymobile - where you can check your account at any time as long as you’ve got an internet connection - and to log into apps such as My Mobile app (see below).
BT Mobile has lots of online advice at www.bt.com/help/getready to help you get started with your phone.
1: Get Ready: Track your order, set up your BT ID (if you are a new customer) and discover how to keep your old number.
2: Setting up: Learn how to insert your SIM, keep your old number, upload photos, music and videos stored on your old phone and set up voicemail.
3: Get more: BT Mobile customers can enjoy some brilliant free extras to help you get more from your new iPhone.
- Set a spend cap: Set a spend cap at bt.com/mymobile so that even if you go over your monthly allowance you won’t get an unexpectedly high bill.
- BT Mobile app: This app lets iPhone owners to keep track of how much data, minutes and texts are remaining. Find out more about the BT Mobile app
- Free wi-fi: BT Mobile customers can get online at 5 million hotspots around the UK using the free BT Wi-fi app – perfect if you run out of data but still want to go online. Download the BT Wi-fi app.
- BT Sport app: Watch live sport and catch up with the latest scores using the redesigned BT Sport app. Which is free with the BT Mobile 6GB or higher plan (excluding double data offers on the 3GB plan).
- Parental controls: Keep your children safe by choosing between three content filters that limit the type of content they can see and allow you to block websites. Activate Parental Controls at bt.com/mymobile.
Read more in our feature: 8 reasons to buy the new iPhone 8 on BT Mobile.
4: Your bill: if you’re an existing BT broadband or TV customer, your BT Mobile bill will be added to your normal bill, which will continue to be sent at the same time each month. New BT Mobile customers will get a new bill, a week or so after joining.
Each bill includes details of equipment charges, rental charges and mobile use.
Find out more at: www.bt.com/help/getready/